- For information on face coverings, including exemptions, click here.
- To log your visit with Test and Trace, click here.
- If you’re a HGV driver, click here.
- Sites in Scotland (Kinross and Stirling) are currently Order and Collect only
As the UK’s largest motorway service area provider, it is our duty to ensure that we can keep you safe when you’re on the road so that we can keep Britain moving; this means we need to provide you with a safe place to stop, a chance to get food and drink and refuel, and of course access to facilities including toilets and showers.
Across the motorway network, all Moto sites remain open 24/7 for toilets, showers and refreshments. All of our sites are also still proudly serving your favourite brands. However, there have been some changes made to adhere to the latest guidelines and keep you safe, so for the time being, things will be a little bit different.
- Showers and toilets are open at all sites 24 hours a day.
- Forecourts are open with fuel available at all sites 24 hours a day.
- Food and drink is available at all sites 24 hours a day.
- The opening hours of some of our brands have changed. For more information on this, please click here.
- Face coverings are compulsory at all Moto locations, unless exempt. This is for both Moto colleagues and customers. Read more on this here.
- Logging your visit via Test and Trace is compulsory at all Moto locations. You can log your visit here. Alternatively, you can log your visit using the official NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app, which you can download from your chosen app store, for free.
- Our internal and external seating areas are open with tables set a safe distance apart of 2m or more. (England only)
- Social distancing and increased hygiene measures are in place on our sites.
- We are monitoring the number of people we have on-site at any one time and employing one way systems for entry and exit to control the flow of people inside.
- We are encouraging the use of contactless/card payments across all brands.
- We have introduced Order & Collect for a number of our brands so that you can have your order ready and waiting for you at your Moto location to minimise your time on site.
Motorway Services Areas have a legal exemption that allows us to continue to provide indoor seating for travellers under The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No.4) Regulations 2020. Part 4 of the regulations details the restrictions on the service of food and drink and allows for the MSA exemption at regulation 15, paragraph 5 (b).
This exemption enables us to fulfil the legal obligations placed on us by the Department for Transport to provide travellers with the opportunity to rest and safely take a break during their journeys ; and also to enable HGV drivers to take their statutory breaks. The exemption has been agreed between the Department for Transport and the Health & Safety Executive and we are following all the applicable safety advice.
To ensure a Covid Secure environment we’ve worked with our Primary Health Authority and introduced a range of safety measures to ensure social distancing to protect both colleagues and customers against the risk of coronavirus including the introduction of 3m spacing between tables, on a number of our sites we have invested in Perspex screens inbetween tables and at all points of sale; we require all customers and Moto colleagues to wear a face covering whilst on our sites, unless exempt. We have hand sanitiser stations available throughout the amenity buildings, we’ve introduced table cleaners and are only using takeaway packaging.