Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from Moto
- We are asking customers (unless exempt) to wear face masks/coverings at our sites. For more information, please click here.
- You can log your visit via Test & Trace, here. Please note, this is compulsory if you visit any of our sites in Scotland or Wales.
- For a full list of our locations (which are all open 24 hours a day) click here.
- For information for HGV drivers specifically, click here.
As lockdown restrictions continue to ease, we understand that a lot more people are going to be travelling around the country and on the motorway network. As the UK’s largest motorway service area provider, we need to make sure that you can do this safely, by providing the UK road users with a safe place to stop, a chance to get food and drink and refuel, and of course access to facilities including toilets and showers.
Whilst we work hard to keep Britain moving safely, things will be a little bit different when you visit us over the next few weeks. Please note, there may be some variations when you enter sites, as we adhere to local guidance where necessary, as well as following national regulations.
- Masks are compulsory at all Moto locations. For more information, please click here.
- If you visit our sites in England for longer than 15minutes, we will ask you to Test and Trace. You can do this here.
- If you dine in at our sites in Scotland or Wales, you are legally required to Test and Trace. Our staff refuse the right to serve any customers in Scotland and Wales who do not wish to log their visit. You can do this here.
- Our internal and external seating areas are open, with tables set a safe distance apart of 1m or more. Dedicated cleaning teams will be present to clean and sanitise tables and chairs, and cleaning stations are in place for any customers who also wish to clean and sanitise their own tables.
- Social distancing and increased hygiene measures are in place on our sites, you can read more about this here.
- Showers and toilets are open at all sites.
- Forecourts are open with fuel available at all sites.
- Food and drink is available at all sites.
- We are encouraging the use of contactless/card payments across all brands.
Should any further local restrictions be enforced, any affected sites will act accordingly and we’ll update you here and across our social media channels.
We would request that you be patient with our colleagues as they try to do their very best during this challenging period, and would like to extend our thanks to them for their incredible efforts during these unprecedented times.
How are we keeping you safe on site?
As of 24th July face masks will be mandatory in all retail stores and large enclosed spaces across the country. At Moto, we’re classed as a large enclosed space (both in the main building & forecourt). This means that if it’s safe for you to wear a mask, masks are now compulsory when you visit any Moto site. For more information on exemptions, please click here.
Please note, the following video was filmed before the government announcement about masks, and adheres to all social distancing rules at time of production.
We’re doing lots to keep you as safe as possible when you visit us, and are constantly reviewing our social distancing guidance and increased hygiene measures on sites.
- Our internal and external seating areas are open in England and Scotland (external open only in Wales), with tables set a safe distance apart of 1m or more. Dedicated cleaning teams will be present to clean and sanitise tables and chairs, and cleaning stations are in place for any customers who also wish to clean and sanitise their own tables.
- Where possible we are advising customers to make use of self-service and contactless payment options to minimise the amount of cash changing hands on sites, as a way to further minimise risk for our customers and colleagues.
- We have placed prominent hand sanitiser stations in all ‘high traffic’ areas of our sites, including at entrances, exits and near toilet facilities.
- We are monitoring the number of people we have on-site at any one time, through counting the customers that enter and exit our buildings and employing one way systems for entry and exit.
- We have clearly marked queues and routes through our buildings.
- Our staff have been provided with PPE, including masks, gloves and perspex screens.
- Our staff are all being health checked before shifts begin, including recording temperatures and answering health questionnaires.
- We have provided our sites with more cleaning materials and more stringent cleaning measures, including more frequent cleaning of ‘high traffic’ areas.
In order to keep our colleagues and customers on site really safe though, we need your help. We kindly ask that if you are travelling, you help us maintain social distancing practices by following the floor markings and queue systems we have provided at all locations. We’d also love it if you could adhere to regular hand washing – soap is provided at all sites along with plenty of hand sanitiser stations.
It goes without saying, that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to, a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, we kindly ask that you do not visit any Moto locations at this time. For more information on the signs and symptoms on COVID-19, please refer to the NHS’ official guidance.
Guidance on masks at Moto
Masks and/or face coverings are compulsory at all our sites, in our main buildings and in our forecourts. This includes inside retail outlets, food and drink outlets, in toilet areas and whilst queuing indoors.
For any customers who visit our Forecourt without a mask, you will not be granted entry to the store and will have to make use of our night hatch to purchase fuel and goods.
We are allowing any face coverings, purchased or home-made, provided that they cover your nose and mouth to be effective. This includes shop bought masks, medical-grade masks, homemade face coverings and scarves.
All customers are required to wear a mask or face-covering unless otherwise exempt. Exempt customers include:
- children under 5 years of age in Scotland
- children under 11 years of age in England and Wales
- police constables or workers such as paramedics acting in the course of their duty
- anyone with a health condition or disability whereby a face covering would be inappropriate because it would cause difficulty, pain or severe distress or anxiety or because you cannot apply a covering and wear it in the proper manner safely and consistently
Masks can be removed on-site for the following reasons only:
- to eat and drink
- to take medication
- to communicate with someone who relies on lip reading
- if a relevant person, such as a police officer, asks you to remove your face covering
I am a HGV driver – how are you looking after me?
We understand that the needs of HGV drivers are often different to those of other vehicles, so we have been working hard to implement increased support for the HGV community during this time.
We are delighted to announce that our on-site food outlets are now opening back up, which means we can provide you with a wider food offering.
We will now be offering a £10 meal voucher with each overnight parking permit purchased. This voucher can be used at multiple food outlets, and will be split into two £5 vouchers. See more information, here.
What can I eat and drink when I visit Moto sites?
- All of our Greggs stores have safely been reopened
- WHSmith is open at every site, and all stores have Costa Express machines located inside for takeout coffee
- Marks & Spencer Simply Food is open for food items at selected sites, with more coming soon.
- Burger King is open at selected sites, with more coming soon. See a full list of stores here
- Costa Coffee stores and Drive-Thrus are open at selected sites, with more coming soon.
- KFC is open at selected sites, with more coming soon.
- Krispy Kreme is available at all sites, with Krispy Kreme units located in WHSmith stores.
When the UK entered lockdown, many of our food and retail outlets had to close their doors. Now that we are able to, we are safely reopening brands nationwide across the coming weeks.
Whilst some brands are operating reduced menus, we are proud that we’re able to bring you food and drink safely.
We’re working around the clock to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep essential products available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week and will be keeping this webpage up to date as the situation develops.
M&S stores will be open at the following sites:
|Leigh Delamere ||Toddington North |
|Chieveley||Lymm North ||Wetherby |
|Donington Park||Medway East||Wetherby Forecourt|
|Exeter ||Pease Pottage ||Wooley Edge South |
|Ferrybridge||Scotch Corner || |
Burger King is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Heston East ||Scotch Corner |
|Birch West||Heston West ||Southwaite North|
|Blyth||Hilton Park North ||Southwaite South |
|Bridgwater ||Hilton Park South ||Stirling|
|Burton ||Kinross ||Tamworth|
|Cardiff ||Knutsford North ||Thurrock|
|Cherwell Valley ||Knutsford South ||Toddington North |
|Chieveley ||Lancaster North||Toddington South |
|Doncaster ||Lancaster South||Trowell North |
|Donington Park||Leigh Delamere East||Trowell South |
|Exeter ||Leigh Delamere West ||Washington North |
|Ferrybridge||Medway North ||Washington South |
|Frankley North ||Pease Pottage ||Wooley Edge North|
|Frankley South ||Reading East||Wooley Edge South |
|Grantham North ||Reading West || |
Costa Coffee Drive-Thru is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Reading East ||Toddington North |
|Cherwell Valley ||Reading West ||Toddington South |
|Stafford North ||Wetherby |
Costa Coffee is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Heston East||Scotch Corner |
|Birch West||Heston West||Severn View |
|Blackburn||Hilton Park North||Southwaite North |
|Blyth ||Hilton Park South ||Southwaite South |
|Bridgwater ||Kinross||Stafford North |
|Burton ||Knutsford North||Stirling |
|Cambridge||Knutsford South ||Swansea |
|Cardiff ||Lancaster North ||Tamworth |
|Chieveley||Lancaster South ||Thurrock|
|Cullompton ||Leeming Bar||Tiverton|
|Doncaster||Leigh Delamere East||Toddington North |
|Donington Park||Leigh Delamere West ||Toddington South |
|Dover Tc||Lymm North ||Trowell North |
|Exeter ||Medway North ||Trowell South |
|Ferrybridge||Pease Pottage ||Washington North |
|Frankley North ||Peterborough ||Washington South|
|Frankley South ||Reading East ||Winchester North & South|
|Grantham North ||Reading West ||Woolley Edge North & South |
KFC is open at the following sites:
|Cherwell Valley ||Reading West||Scotch Corner|
|Toddington North ||Wetherby|| |
Extended opening hours from the 2nd July:
Chow: 11am – 8pm (excl. Toddington South and Reading East)
Greggs : Mon-Saturday 5am – 5pm. Sunday 6am – 5pm (incl. Forecourt)
Drive thru: 6am – 6pm
Costa: 24 hours
KFC: 11am – 10pm
BK: 10am – 10pm
M&S: Monday – Saturday 7am – 8pm. Sunday 7am – 10pm
WHSmith: 24 hours
WCP: 8am – 4pm