Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from Moto
- For an update on the brands available at our sites at the moment, click here.
- For a full list of our locations (which are all open 24 hours a day) click here.
- For information for HGV drivers specifically, click here.
As lockdown restrictions continue to ease, we understand that a lot more people are going to be travelling around the country and on the motorway network. As the UK’s largest motorway service area provider, we need to make sure that you can do this safely, by providing the UK road users with a safe place to stop, a chance to get food and drink and refuel, and of course access to facilities including toilets and showers.
Whilst we work hard to keep Britain moving safely, things will be a little bit different when you visit us over the next few weeks. Please note, there may be some variations when you enter sites, as we adhere to local guidance where necessary, as well as following national regulations.
- Our internal and external seating areas are open, with tables set a safe distance apart of 1m or more. Dedicated cleaning teams will be present to clean and sanitise tables and chairs, and cleaning stations are in place for any customers who also wish to clean and sanitise their own tables.*
- Social distancing and increased hygiene measures are in place on our sites, you can read more about this here.
- Showers and toilets are open at all sites.
- Forecourts are open with fuel available at all sites.
- Food and drink is available at all sites.
- We are encouraging the use of contactless/card payments across all brands.
*This does not include Kinross, Stirling, Cardiff and Swansea, where indoor and outdoor seating areas remain closed in line with government regulations. Our onsite team members will also be wearing face masks in these locations.
Should any further local restrictions be enforced, any affected sites will act accordingly and we’ll update you here and across our social media channels.
We would request that you be patient with our colleagues as they try to do their very best during this challenging period, and would like to extend our thanks to them for their incredible efforts during these unprecedented times.
How are we keeping you safe on site?
We’re doing lots to keep you as safe as possible when you visit us, and are constantly reviewing our social distancing guidance and increased hygiene measures on sites.
- As of Saturday 4th July, our internal and external seating areas are now open at all sites (excluding Kinross, Striling, Swansea and Cardiff). All tables are set a safe distance apart of 1metre or more. Dedicated cleaning teams will be present at all times to clean and sanitise tables between uses. We have also installed cleaning stations should any customers wish to supplement these measures with their own cleaning/sanitisation.
- Where possible we are advising customers to make use of self-service and contactless payment options to minimise the amount of cash changing hands on sites, as a way to further minimise risk for our customers and colleagues.
- We have placed prominent hand sanitiser stations in all ‘high traffic’ areas of our sites, including at entrances, exits and near toilet facilities.
- We are monitoring the number of people we have on-site at any one time, through counting the customers that enter and exit our buildings and employing one way systems for entry and exit.
- We have clearly marked queues and routes through our buildings.
- Our staff have been provided with PPE, including masks, gloves and perspex screens.
- Our staff are all being health checked before shifts begin, including recording temperatures and answering health questionnaires.
- We have provided our sites with more cleaning materials and more stringent cleaning measures, including more frequent cleaning of ‘high traffic’ areas.
In order to keep our colleagues and customers on site really safe though, we need your help. We kindly ask that if you are travelling, you help us maintain social distancing practices by following the floor markings and queue systems we have provided at all locations. We’d also love it if you could adhere to regular hand washing – soap is provided at all sites along with plenty of hand sanitiser stations.
It goes without saying, that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to, a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, we kindly ask that you do not visit any Moto locations at this time. For more information on the signs and symptoms on COVID-19, please refer to the NHS’ official guidance.
I am a HGV driver – how are you looking after me?
We understand that the needs of HGV drivers are often different to those of other vehicles, so we have been working hard to implement increased support for the HGV community during this time.
We are catering for you – despite not all brands being able to reopen, we are providing you with hot food that is included in the price of your overnight parking charge. This food is available to drivers who pay on the day, and who pay via an account.
For more information on this, please see #HotMealsMatter, here.
We are also pleased to announce that now there are some brands on sites, we are now honouring all food vouchers that you were not able to use during the lockdown period. You have until the 9th July to use these.
What can I eat and drink when I visit Moto sites?
When the UK entered lockdown, many of our food and retail outlets had to close their doors. Now that we are able to, we are safely reopening brands nationwide across the coming weeks.
Whilst some brands are operating reduced menus, we are proud that we’re able to bring you food and drink safely.
We’re working around the clock to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep essential products available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week and will be keeping this webpage up to date as the situation develops.
Our customer seating areas will remain completely closed to the public during this time and we kindly ask that, if you do travel, you help us maintain social distancing practices, and adhere to the guidance on regular hand washing. Where possible we are also advising customers to make use of self-service and contactless payment options.
M&S stores will be open at the following sites:
|Leigh Delamere ||Toddington North |
|Chieveley||Lymm North ||Wetherby |
|Donington Park||Medway East||Wetherby Forecourt|
|Exeter ||Pease Pottage ||Wooley Edge South |
|Ferrybridge||Scotch Corner || |
Burger King is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Heston East ||Southwaite North|
|Birch West||Heston West ||Southwaite South |
|Blyth||Hilton Park North ||Stirling |
|Bridgwater ||Hilton Park South ||Tamworth|
|Burton ||Kinross ||Thurrock|
|Cardiff ||Knutsford North ||Toddington North |
|Cherwell Valley ||Knutsford South ||Toddington South |
|Chieveley ||Lancaster North||Trowell North |
|Doncaster ||Leigh Delamere East||Trowell South |
|Donington Park||Leigh Delamere West ||Washington North |
|Exeter ||Medway North ||Washington South |
|Ferrybridge||Pease Pottage ||Wooley Edge North|
|Frankley North ||Reading East||Wooley Edge South |
|Frankley South ||Reading West || |
|Grantham North ||Scotch Corner || |
Costa Coffee Drive-Thru is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Reading East ||Toddington North |
|Cherwell Valley ||Reading West ||Toddington South |
|Stafford North ||Wetherby |
Costa Coffee is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Heston East||Scotch Corner |
|Birch West||Heston West||Severn View |
|Blackburn||Hilton Park North||Southwaite North |
|Blyth ||Hilton Park South ||Southwaite South |
|Bridgwater ||Kinross||Stafford North |
|Burton ||Knutsford North||Stirling |
|Cambridge||Knutsford South ||Swansea |
|Cardiff ||Lancaster North ||Tamworth |
|Chieveley||Lancaster South ||Thurrock|
|Cullompton ||Leeming Bar||Tiverton|
|Doncaster||Leigh Delamere East||Toddington North |
|Donington Park||Leigh Delamere West ||Toddington South |
|Dover Tc||Lymm North ||Trowell North |
|Exeter ||Medway North ||Trowell South |
|Ferrybridge||Pease Pottage ||Washington North |
|Frankley North ||Peterborough ||Washington South|
|Frankley South ||Reading East ||Winchester North & South|
|Grantham North ||Reading West ||Woolley Edge North & South |
KFC is open at the following sites:
|Cherwell Valley ||Scotch Corner||Toddington North |
|Wetherby|| || |
Extended opening hours from the 2nd July:
Chow: 11am – 8pm (excl. Toddington South and Reading East)
Greggs : Mon-Saturday 5am – 5pm. Sunday 6am – 5pm (incl. Forecourt)
Drive thru: 6am – 6pm
Costa: 24 hours
KFC: 11am – 10pm
BK: 10am – 10pm
M&S: Monday – Saturday 7am – 8pm. Sunday 7am – 10pm
WHSmith: 24 hours
WCP: 8am – 4pm