Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from Moto
As the UK’s largest motorway service area provider, we need to make sure that we can keep you safe when you’re making journeys during these challenging times. This means we need to provide you with a safe place to stop, a chance to get food and drink and refuel, and of course access to facilities including toilets and showers.
Below, you’ll find lots of information on what brands we currently have open at our sites, and the measures we’re taking to keep you safe when you need to take a rest stop or comfort break with us.
As we continue to navigate through the pandemic and the changes in restrictions being placed on the UK’s road users, we’re bringing tasty back. We’re working hard to help keep Britain moving by reintroducing your favourite brands to the nations motorway network.
- WHSmith is open as a convenience provider at all sites
- Showers and toilets are open as normal at all sites
- Forecourts are open as a fuel provider at all sites
- Free parking period has been temporarily extended to 3 hours at all sites
- Marks & Spencer Simply Food is open for food items at selected sites*
- Burger King is open at selected sites for takeaway only*
- Costa Coffee Drive-Thrus are open at selected sites*
M&S stores will be open at the following sites:
|Wetherby Forecourt||Woolley Edge South|
|Medway East||Pease Pottage|
|Lymm North||Scotch Corner|
|Cherwell Valley|| |
Burger King is open at the following sites:
|Hilton Park North||Lancaster North|
|Leigh Delamere East||Pease Pottage|
|Reading East||Reading West|
|Scotch Corner||Southwaite North|
|Heston West ||Knutsford South|
|Medway North||Cherwell Valley|
|Tamworth|| Leigh Delamere West|
Costa Coffee Drive-Thru is open at the following sites:
|Birch East||Cherwell Valley|
|Knutsford North||Reading West|
|Stafford North||Reading East|
|Toddington South|| |
Costa Coffee is open at the following sites:
Our customer seating areas will remain completely closed to the public during this time and we kindly ask that, if you do travel, you help us maintain social distancing practices, and adhere to the guidance on regular hand washing. Where possible we are also advising customers to make use of self-service and contactless payment options.
To support you in this, we have taken the following measures:
- we have placed hand sanitiser stations in all ‘high traffic’ areas of our sites, including at entrances, exits and near toilet facilities
- we are monitoring the number of people we have on-site at any one time, through counting the customers that enter and exit our buildings and employing one way systems for entry and exit
- we have clearly marked queues and routes through our buildings to keep you as safe as possible when you visit us
- we have provided our sites with more cleaning materials and more stringent cleaning measures, including more frequent cleaning of ‘high traffic’ areas
- we are no longer accepting reusable cups or bottles for drinks orders
- we have provided our staff with PPE and protective screens, and they have all been fully briefed and trained in deploying more extensive hygiene measures during their shifts, including health checks prior to starting work
We’re working around the clock to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep essential products available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week and will be keeping this webpage up to date as the situation develops.
If you’re a HGV driver, or you would like to know more about what we’re doing to cater for HGV drivers during this time, please see #HotMealsMatter, here.
We would request that you be patient with our colleagues as they try to do their very best during this challenging period, and would like to extend our thanks to them for their incredible efforts during these unprecedented times. Back