Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from Moto
On Monday 23rd March 2020, the UK government announced strict new measures in the fight against COVID-19. As part of this, people have been asked to only travel when “absolutely necessary” to do so, to shop for essential items and medical needs only and shops selling non-essential goods have been asked to close.
As a motorway service area provider, we need to make sure that we can keep you safe when you’re making essential journeys during these challenging times. This means we need to provide you with a safe place to stop, a chance to get food and drink and refuel, and of course access to facilities including toilets and showers.
From Tuesday 24th March until further notice, we will be offering the following services at all Moto sites:
- Marks & Spencer Simply Food will remain open for essential food items
- WHSmith will remain open as a convenience provider
- Forecourts will remain open as a fuel provider
- Showers and toilets at our site will be open as normal
Following both brand & government guidance, we have made the hard decision to shut all our other on-site brands temporarily. This is not a decision that has been taken lightly, but one made in the best interests of our colleagues and customers, in line with our brand partners.
Our customer seating areas will remain completely closed to the public during this time and we kindly ask that, if you do need to travel, you help us maintain social distancing practices, and adhere to the guidance on regular hand washing. Where possible we are also advising customers to make use of self-service and contactless payment options.
Additionally, we are continuing to make every effort to try and help limit the spread of bacteria and viruses, by;
- providing our sites with more cleaning materials and more stringent cleaning measures
- placing focus on cleaning more frequently in ‘high traffic’ areas
- no longer accepting reusable cups or bottles for drinks orders
- adding stickers to queuing areas on-site where possible to encourage social distancing
We’re working around the clock to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep essential products available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week and will be keeping this webpage up to date as the situation develops.
We would request that you be patient with our colleagues as they try to do their very best during this challenging period, and would like to extend our thanks to them for their incredible efforts during these unprecedented times.